Friday, June 08, 2007

tonight i will soar

Change of plans. Originally, when I found out the Yarn Harlot herself was going to be back through town, I was going to go to Powell's tonight to listen to her speak, commune with knitterly people, and have a lovely evening (possibly even meeting up with Kat). However, the opportunity arose to take a partners yoga workshop. No, Kev's not going with me. Jill is. She's my partner in my practice, although I would have no objections to Kev getting more into it.

I'm excited, yet a bit nervous, about tonight's practice. I know to expect to be challenged. I know to expect to be sore tomorrow. I know to expect feeling amazing. I just don't know how scared I will be. Perhaps surrounding ourselves with the other people and their partners, as well as Diana and Lisa Mae will give me a sense of calm. Diana and Lisa Mae are my favorite two yoga teachers in town. Diana is our yoga teacher, Lisa Mae is one we have taken classes from WITH Diana.

I do not hold any expectations of how I will look tonight. Or how my practice will look, I should say. I will do my best and soar.

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

It sounds like you have the perfect plan. Go with the flow. Be open to the positive energy that will abound. When there is that much positive energy in a confined space all willing participants will be able to soar to new heights.

I envy you. Too bad I'm so lazy. tee hee

Love ya,

Dad