Friday, June 01, 2007

and it begins

For almost the entire month of June somebody at work is taking off on their normal days. This means what we can't get covered by other employees, Charles and I must work. Today I get to go out to the location furthest from where I live to work for five hours. It could be worse, I could be closing (that store closes at 9pm).

I don't want to sound like I am complaining. I'm not. I'm just preparing myself to be really tired. :)

I've not worked on the floor for more than one day a week in a long time. The next five days, I'll be working on the floor. Only Saturday is a full 8 hour shift, but I am sure I'll still be a whiny baby who is tired and blah blah blah. Yeah, tell me there are many worse things in the world to whine about and I'll tell you I know.

I suppose this is what I get for even thinking that I kind of missed working on the sales floor full time. I know, I know. I was just asking for it, wasn't I.

Lucky for me I have a bag full of goodies and fun things to keep me occupied while out there. It's a slower store in the mornings normally (yeah today will be a crazy day I am sure since I just put it out to the universe that I have things I can do, that I WANT to do). I have a dish cloth I am knitting. Some people knit copious amounts of socks, I knit dish clothes. I also have some embroidery to take along. Our dear realtor admired a small pillow I made with a carrot embroidered on it. The whole thing measures about 4" square. She loves it quite a bit. Because I love it quite a bit and I'm not wanting to give mine away I decided to make her her very own. I will have to take photos of it when it is done.

Okay, must go down a latte, make a second and get myself on the road to work. At least we filled up yesterday on our way out to hike Old Salmon River. I have photos of that to share too once I get them unloaded from the camera...oh so many things to share.

Latte!

No comments: