Wednesday, May 16, 2007

whirlwind

I love that word. Whirlwind. It conjures up thoughts of twirling in the yard on a warm summer night. Skirt flowing outward. It makes me think of being absolutely and completely exhausted from running and doing and going and being. It reminds me I need to slow down and enjoy.

This trip with my sister has been a whirlwind. We've done so many things, yet gotten to just sit and visit and catch up as well. I would say some of my favorite parts were the sitting and knitting/crocheting, playing Mah Jong, and going yarn shopping.

The flowers in the box will make me think of her as she stood there watching me plant, suggesting how to make the flower boxes look like they are secure to the house instead of ready to fall off with the heaviest of rains. The clacking of the Mah Jong tiles will make me think of her finally winning a hand last night and rejoicing. The yarns I purchased while she was with me ooohing and ahhhing will make me smile, remembering.

It's been a great visit.

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

It was a very wonderful visit. I'm so glad that we were able to spend time together.