Tuesday, October 03, 2006

we'd like to offer you the job

On Friday Ahmed and I interviewed two people who were looking for part time gigs. One is a friend through a friend and the other is a guy who, for the past two and a half years, has been popping in to see if we are hiring anyone. We'd interviewed him when he first applied, but we were looking for full time and he for part time. Not this time, baby! He's on board!!! I'm really pretty happy about both people. Melissa has great energy and Drew is very much a people person. I think the two will be great!

This means, of course, I must train people. Not my favorite thing to do, but I can do it. This morning, Drew comes in for his first round. We'll go over the different brands of comfort shoes we carry and general policies and procedures. Damn, I wish I had the handbook done...it's started at least.

Had a lovely, but quick, weekend. Got to spend time with Jill yesterday. I walked over to her house (a good 40 blocks) and then she and I proceeded to go on another walk around their neighborhood to look for houses that are for sale. Found one, but does anyone have $300,000 they could loan me?

Okay, going to finish my reheated french press coffee and put on my face for the day.

3 comments:

Persico said...

I also hate training and that's what I get to do all week long. YAY!

Hopefully yours works out better, as I have the tendency to hate everyone.

bronxbt said...

whoa!
Shari rulz! i too find myself being an equal opportunity hater!

woot woot!

have fun training the noobs!

bwaa ha aha hahaaaaa... *thwunk* (turns to run, hit wall)

Jack K. said...

I love training. I also like to write policy and procedures manuals.

Can I be of service?

Love ya,

Dad