Sunday, October 08, 2006

the time is 6:30

Simon has started his song and dance. Nice because he has started an hour later than normal. I do not stir, nor do I let him know I am awakened by his antics. A while later, Kev gets up and feeds everyone. A small smile passes my lips. Ahhhh, to sleep in a bit. Normally, Kev will get up and feed everyone then come back to bed to sleep in too, but not this am. I hear him getting dressed. I squint open my eyes and look at him. He announces he is taking Josie to Angel's Rest.

I have two feelings rush through me and I'm conflicted. I long to get up and throw on my hiking togs to join them, yet I am a bit excited about the morning by myself with the cats, the laundry and my knitting. I tell him to remember I have a hair appointment at noon and the two of them are off. Josie didn't even know anything was happening. She had no time to get herself worked up and barking.

So I sit here sipping my latte with my feet up on the coffee table writing. Soon I will put on some music and continue down the knitted path I have started for myself. I only have a month and two weeks to finish three projects. I can do it, easily.

No comments: