Tuesday, September 19, 2006

soap gets in your eyes

Okay, I am not a huge fan of spiders and other bugs and insects. There are some I can deal with (ants I'm okay with, although NOT in my kitchen) and some that seriously make my skin feel like it is crawling (for instance the LARGE brown spiders).

So this morning as I groggily walked into the bathroom and pulled open the shower curtain and was met by the biggest brown spider I've seen in a long time...shudder!

To top it off, our drain is a bit clogged. I figured I would have to drown him with a small amount of water and then hope he would make it down the drain before it backed up (yeah, I'm not the type to carry big spiders outside OR allow my cats to chase them in fear that the spider will eat my cats).

Not. so. lucky.

I strategically tried to put things over the drain from allowing him to come back up, but everything started floating (note to self, get a snake and some drain cleaner). At one point I almost screamed, but just a squeal came out. I heard Josie rush to the door in worry (good to know that if I make scaredy cat sounds she'll be there to save my ass). I told her I was fine and to relax, which she promptly laid down outside the bathroom door, just in case I needed her (have I told you all how much I love my dog?).

Kev woke up and looked at my like I was crazed. I'll admit, I had that look of crazy in my eyes. Because not only was there one LARGE BROWN SPIDER trying to eat me from the drain, there were two whispy long legged spiders hanging out above. Normally they do not bother me. UNTIL they decide to start moving above me!!! Let me just say that although I am clean, I don't think my hair got all the shampoo out. Thankfully I have it in a bun and the headache isn't quite full blown yet.

So yes, my morning started off with a lovely surprise. Let's hope that tonight doesn't offer up anymore...

4 comments:

Jack K. said...

Sorry to learn of the attack of the LARGE brown spider. Perhaps he was there to remind you to clean out the drain.

You never did accept the idea of giving them a name and make them a pet. snerx.

Good to know that Josie made the correct response.

btw, the cats are perfectly capable of besting the spider. They need to supplement their diets with insect protein. Hazel does it all the time. There are some spiders she will not eat. But they do make marvelous playthings.

bronxbt said...

holy hell tha's gross.

PlazaJen said...

It's spider season here, too. I had to get the Wo to kill two in two days. Neither were brown recluse, fortunately. I'm pro-spider....just not creepy-crawly headed towards me in the house!!!!

Adrianne said...

ooooo, ickyyy bugs!!! Just be glad that it wasn't a big sewer roache. Those make me scream. Makes my skin crawl just thinking abut it.