Friday, September 29, 2006

little sister!

Kev informed me a few weeks ago that his sister would be in town on the 28th. We'd spoken about going out to eat for dinner, but then it was decided I'd make dinner so we could just sit around and relax.

She called me around 3:15 or so and an hour later I was relieved from work (I was working at the office and there is only so much organization you can do when the carpenter is taking his own sweet time). I ran to the grocery store and bought stuff to make the Mexican Corn and Bean soup. Man, I got a little carried away with the cumin! :) It was perfect though. I zipped by her hotel and picked her up and the two of us got to spend some time together before we got Kev at work. Let me tell you, I love her. She STILL will be perpetually 23 in my mind, even though she said she's turning 30 with her next birthday. I told her that I always think of her as 23 and she laughed. I think she liked it.

We went and got Kev, Josie came along. She laughed at the greeting Kev and Josie gave each other (I'd told her one of my favorite things is the wiggles from her and the laughter from him). She agreed that it was the sweetest thing.

We went home and I cooked while we all caught up. It was a perfect and relaxed evening. I'm so thrilled we'll get to see her every so often as she flies this way (she's a flight attendant). I told her that even if she doesn't have a couple weeks notice, if it's just a couple of hours...CALL US! I would change plans for her because she is family. Or, she'd be included in plans.

So now I am eating my toast and thinking about my little sister in law and how much I love her and how proud I am of her.

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

that really is sooo cooh.
nice to hear that you got some quality time in, and to think it involved a cute mauling of yer sis&law by josie and kev.

giggle

b

Jack K. said...

Glad to hear all went well with the visit.

And to think, the soup was fantastic, too?

Who'd a thunk it.

giggle, giggle, snerx.