Friday, July 21, 2006

with bob marley playin'

I'd complain about the heat, but where does that get me?

Instead I will say that I'm glad that there is a fan blowing on me as I type this. I'm glad the dog and cats are laying as still as they possibly can. I am glad that I work where it feels like I'm in a refrigerator. I'm glad I work tomorrow(!?), when it's supposed to get even warmer.

I'm also glad to be sitting at home now, two beers in my belly (I know they dehydrate, shush!), and an ad built for work. It seems as though I will be working the next few Thursdays as my dear coworker, who has taken over for me so I can do things away from the shop, has to head to the East Coast for a while. Her family needs her and she needs them. Her Grandmother passed away either last night or just today. She'd been battling death, but she finally allowed herself to go. My dear coworker is saddened, and will miss her, but knows that she's not suffering anymore.

I am feeling a bit burned at both ends at work lately though. I have spoken with the ol' bossman about it. Today he said something that, it wasn't until later, pissed me off..."what are you doing for me Thursdays anyway?" Ummm, let's see. Shall I make a list? I listed a few things off and let it go. He left and I got annoyed. What ever.

I've got things on the horizons. That's all I'll say.

Now, I think I'm going to see if yoga has brought to me the ability to fold myself in half so I can stick myself in the freezer.

3 comments:

bronxbt said...

wish i could join you for some beer-age.

damn.

'cuz you know this sleep sh*t jes isn't happening...

ARGH

Adrianne said...

You'll have to pull me out of the freezer first, unless you have one of the great big ones, then we can share.

Jack K. said...

The heat finally broke here yesterday. It is expected to come back later next week. I will enjjoy the cool weather as much as I can.