Monday, July 03, 2006

thunder and fireworks

Poor Josie. She's getting both of her least favorite things in one night tonight. It's actually thundering here in the Pacific NW! That's not something we normally get to experience. Fireworks are also exploding all around the neighborhood. I am hoping that the houses that are directly around us will refrain from joining in the festivities.

Last year we (Josie and I) sat in the cave and blasted Radiohead all night. Thank goodness they have long albums! We listened to every one we own and I think only had to listen to one of them twice. Tonight we have the Blues Fest playing on KBOO. I love that they broadcast live (with a lovely 38 second delay). It has been fun this weekend, listening to the music that is happening down by the river.

Normally if something is a bit bass heavy Josie calms quickly. The blues have been good this year. I'm not sure if the Blues Fest is every fourth of July or if this year is just a happy accident. I'll take it either way though.

I get to go into work tomorrow for six hours. We'll see how much we end up making. Any bets? I will be training someone tomorrow, so I suppose it's good to have it be quieter so we can discuss things without being interrupted often.

Okay, panting dog is making me hot...must go get a bottle of water.

Be safe this holiday weekend!

No comments: