Tuesday, July 11, 2006

a soothing medley

Somebody in the hood either just got a casio keyboard OR they are playing the harp. But whatever the instrument, a lovely medley of "Memories," "Send in the Clowns," among others has been played this morning. Just since Kev left for work a bit ago...

"Send in the Clowns" reminds me of my Junior High music teacher, Ms. Meddill. When I was in 9th grade she started walking with a cane. Her spine was collapsing on her. She wouldn't live more than another year. She made me sing that song for a solo at performances. It will always make me think of her with great fondness and sadness. She wanted so much for me to sing opera, but I never had that love.

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

An opera singer? We never knew about that. What a wonderful thing for a teacher to do.

Love,

Dad