Monday, July 10, 2006

let the sleeves commence


Well, the sleeves are underway. I wouldn't call them a shrug for the simple fact they are really going to be two sleeves that are simply connected to one another. There is not going to be any kind of body, I will not be increasing along the back to have it cover my back. It will cover one arm, open up across my shoulders to the width of the sleeve, then I will reconnect the sides back into the tube (wow, hope that makes sense to anyone...).

The color is pretty true to what you see. I love photoshop!!! I will be finishing them for a fabulous trip we have planned in November, when I will need simple sleeves for the airplane ride. No bulky sweater to take up space or be in my way. Just sleeves. Well, for now, just a big cuff.

And dinner is calling. If the recipe turns out good, I will post it over at Recipes for the Tasting. If not, we will not speak of it at all. Yeah, Kev just looked at it, says the pork isn't even on the thermometer's reading. So a bit more time it is.

I'll post more pictures as I get further along.

(for those knitters: CO 108, two rows stockinette, then a k2, p1 ribbing...Lanett superwash 100% merino wool that I got for a steal)

An interesting aside: I figured out I had to cast on the 108 stitches on the summer solstice, the same day I did the 108 sun salutations...I didn't realize it until we began our salutes.

3 comments:

bronxbt said...

hmmm. may wanna add a few lines. looks great but really too small for you still...

giggle, snerk...

B

shannon said...

a few lines? you mean rows? yeah, i've got quite a ways to go still...but i do have until november. EEP! better start hauling bootay!!

Adrianne said...

I've seen patterns for shrugs that were simply sleeves, nothing extra to cover the back. I don't care what they are called they will be fabulous because you made them!