Saturday, July 01, 2006

gin + wine = no good things

Okay, so I guess when you have two gin and tonics (not even THAT strong) and then you share a bottle of wine with two other people (yeah, three people to one bottle) no good things can come of it. I don't know why praying to those porcelain gods last night happened, but it was so. Was it the dressing on the salad I ate that was bad? Was it just a bunch of toxic feelings I need to release? Would it had happened without the alcohol?

Embarrassed, yes. Ashamed, a bit. At work, unfortunately.

I must own my actions though and I do. I am here. I'm feeling better because those boys at the Coffee Plant are my heroes this morning. Somehow I left my wallet at Jenn's house? I walked in, well more like shuffled in, and the boys asked if I was feeling okay. I admitted last night and they told me they would float me today. I will pay them back next Saturday, plus. I couldn't even knit this morning. And I didn't feel I had drunk to excess, that's where I'm at a loss.

So yes, I share the embarrassing moments of me (thankfully, no pictures were taken to commemorate the evening). Jenn dropped my wallet at the house and called to say she was there (I was literally three blocks down the road on the bus that had just picked me up). We are planning on going to our friends house tonight for a party. I will not drink. I will be the driver.

I must say though, the burps are here and I'm thankful for them...

4 comments:

Jack K. said...

Well, aren't we the wild one.

I don't think it was the alcohol. Or, it could have been depending on how much and in how little time.

Being the designated driver is good penance.

Load up on Gatorade today. Then switch to water.

Have fun.

shannon said...

Yeah, I really don't think I drank that much. And in the time frame, it was over many many hours. I think I might have had a bad reaction to something I ate...although I remember my head swimming as I watched the movie (we watched The Life Aquatic in my friends backyard). I've had so much water today it's not even funny. Tonight, nothing to drink other than water (and maybe a coke). I am feeling so much better now though!

bronxbt said...

you lush.
my fragile image of you is thoroughly shattered...


okay... it's not....

well... um...
*snerk*

NOOOOO.

really.

Adrianne said...

Mixing types of alcohol is never a good idea. It didn't helpany with whatever other thing was going on with the tummy. Glad your feeling better.