Sunday, June 18, 2006

wow, really?

So, what have we been up to? Well, you saw what we did last week (see a few posts prior with images of the shed). You saw that I finished one of the cutest baby hats (again, see the last post for that image).

Last night we went to see Built to Spill. One of my favorite bands. Kev got us tickets for our anniversary (we were quite excited that one of their two shows was on a Saturday night). The show was great and the band sounded great, but after their really amazing opening songs, they played some slower tunes and even though I love all the sounds they create, I really wish they'd continued down the "rockin" road they had begun to head down with the first three songs. We both were exhausted and so we took off a bit early (we probably missed two songs total).

Today we got up and went to a strawberry festival with our friends. It's a tradition for her family and now, we're in! We bought a tomato plant (one of my bessers didn't really make it through a massive rain storm we had this past week and even though he was trying...since I had two bessers, thought he could be sacrificed) and shared a flat of strawberries with Jenn and Dugan. We were hoping that the woman who was there last year selling her handspun alpaca yarn would be there again, but alas, she was not.

Afterwards, Jenn and I went to Close Knit and got yarn to make our sleeves. I got a great deal on some superwash merino wool in a celery green. I will show pictures of these sleeves as I progress. Basically, I'm making the tubey arms...but without stripes. I also found some other yarn for a project I will not be speaking of (how is that for carrot dangling?).

Well, Kev's home with our BBQ from Clay's Smokehouse. Yeah, anyone who comes to visit...we're so taking you there!!!

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

when/if we ever get the INVITE to come visit.. i am So going to Clay's with or without you all...

been there - done that - could live happily there!

eep!

Enjoy your week sweetie.
Hope Kev is still liking the job!? and I'll try to post from bawtson!

;)
B

PlazaJen said...

I love that tubey sweater. I've pondered up-sizin' it for my bodiciousness, but right now I can't do much math. Simple stuff for keeping it simple!