Tuesday, June 27, 2006

dinner and a show

"Are you hungry?"

"I could eat."

"Take me to the place that has the coldest air conditioning in town..."

And so he did. We sat there at Old Chicago (yes, chainy, but oh so cold) eating our meals and zoning out, because really, what could I talk about? "My day was really hot and I napped."

Then, the table behind Kev started looking out the window and talking about something. I look out and see a Range Rover on it's side, with the underneath facing us. How? Did? We? Miss? That? I'm still not sure, but I know when we started eating, traffic was driving down the street all normal like. I guess OC has thick windows to keep all the noise out and the a/c in...

It was that moment, I longed a little for a camera phone. Because I could have shared with you all, the surrealness of it. The two tow truck guys had a bitch of a time getting it back upright.

So, dinner AND a show (in which nobody was hurt, thankfully).

4 comments:

Jack K. said...

Dinner and a show, huh?

You folks go to the most entertaining places.

Stay cool.

Love,

Dad

bronxbt said...

holy crap! waiter, waiter, there's an SUV in my soup!

eep!

riveting!

meep!

Persico said...

I think it's because it was karma trying to kick my ass for recently doing a sell out job and painting zebra stripes on a range rover.

I apologize for this Shan.

Persico said...

Pardon the terrible grammar in the above comment.