Friday, April 28, 2006

quite possible

I am quite possibly married to the most amazing person in the world. When I told Kev of the phone call I received two days ago he said, "I forbid you to talk to him again." and then proceeded to giggle in that great way he does. Then he said, "No, I'm glad that you have found out your friend's family is fine." He knows that Jeremy was my first boyfriend, so don't get all "you need to tell him he was more...etc"

I decided tonight (rather the beer I had after a shit ass day at work decided) to call Jeremy so we could chat without a #15 bus driving by every ten minutes. We spoke for two and a half hours.

I found out his sister is doing very well (last I'd known she'd had a brain tumor) and living back in New Orleans with her boyfriend. She's now about 25 years old. That just seems odd to me.

I found out that his cousin is also living back in N.O. but has gotten himself an addiction that makes me sad (I won't go into it here as it's not any of your business).

I found out that his aunt had to relocate because she lost everything she owned, but she was doing well all things considered.

He told me that they talked about me and my contacting him to find out about them over Easter. I think that possibly is what prompted him to call me. I'm glad he did. It was easy, like talking to a really great friend. I had him laughing a good amount (which of course made me laugh) and he thanked me. We spoke of our lives and how happy we are having found the people in this world we were meant to be with.

He said he think Kev sounds like a really great person, to which I told him he was correct. I actually think that the two would really get along well. Not that anyone is taking any Florida/Oregon vacations, but still.

We vowed to keep in touch, we'll see if it happens.

I just am happy that along the journey of life that lead me to where I am today, I got to know him.

Kev and I chatted about the conversation for a little while after he got home. He listened, laughed, and made my heart sing, like he always does.

3 comments:

bronxbt said...

that is sooo immeasurably sweet, cooh and rock on Kev for being a man! that may sound odd... read it again... it'll make sense.

Kev jes sounds cooh. he's obviously confident in his marriage with a fine woman who adores him. frankly, that likely opens up your relationship as it grows to whole new levels. I betcha he's secure, happy, thrilled to have you and the menagerie of fuzzy ones and more.

hell, your both cooh. damn, your dad's cooh too.. what the hell is going on?

Do you at least have some black sheep relative that kinda sucks?
this is freaking me out.

giggle
enjoy your weekend....
B

Jack K. said...

-b, we do, but we're not telling anymore than that.

Shannon, glad to knew that Jeremy is getting along well.

Adrianne said...

It's fun when you finally get in contact with someone that you knew. I got a call the other day from a friend that I hadn't heard from in about four years. Found out that she has moved back here and is getting married.