Saturday, April 22, 2006

a moment of silence please.

Maddie had to be put to sleep two days ago. Her body just wasn't strong enough for the fight it was going to have to make to stay alive. She had a great life on this earth living with Ahmed. He treated her like his own baby. She will be missed by everyone who had the chance to meet her. As I've said before, I am not a small dog fan, but this one was different. She came in here and wrapped us all around her little paws. She was spunky and fun and full of energy. Sadly her body just gave out. At this moment, he says he will never let another dog in his life. I hope that he rethinks that position at some point because he has a lot of love to give and any animal would be lucky to be in his family.

Rest in peace little Maddie and Godspeed on your trip across the Rainbow Bridge...

excuse me while I go cry for the loss of my littlest friend.

2 comments:

k said...

I'm so sorry, Shanny. My condolences to Ahmed and his family. I hope, like you, that he will allow another pet into his life soon. He'll meet the right one (hopefully at a shelter or a reputable breeder this time) and he or she will cure his heartache with a soulfull glance or a soft lick on the hand.

bronxbt said...

dearest shanny and ahmed,

maddie is in a better place. when i lost my brother, dewey after only 2 years, it was even harder of a loss. my parents swore no more kittenz, then not 4 months later, they fell for chewie. the rest is history.

maddie is chasing other lil' poms thru hilltops full of daffodils, butterflies and bunnies galore. trust me, i know this...

hugs to you all... and never turn a needing paw away. ahmed will find one again soon.

luv,
mr puddins