Monday, April 24, 2006

hey thanks!

Thanks to those who responded either via the comments or by sending me an email. I know now that it's not rude to knit in front of friends whom you feel are like family, except for him. I think that it boils down to this. He is the consumate host. By me knitting or doing other things he feels as though he's not entertaining enough and I'm bored of him. However, when the game gets turned on or some movie I am not interested in, I see no harm what so ever in me picking up my knitting. I mean, it's kind of rude to assume I would want to watch the game and I would never suggest that the boys turn it off...

I'm at work. It is Monday. I am sad. I will hopefully get to leave early today, but I'm not counting on it. I think the trial that my coworker is a juror for is one where the guy killed his wife with her sewing scissors. I can totally understand his desire for beer afterwards, but still hope that he comes in to let me leave early. That is how self centered I am.

I just realized that the skirt I wore to work today has a lovely grease stain on it from dinner last night. What, I didn't get dressed dressed until we were heading to dinner at the Delta. So I was clean...until I slopped some of the dressing from my fried chicken po-boy all over my lap. Oops. I completely forgot that I had until I just looked down and saw the evidence again. Urgh.

Okay, must go actually do work now. I have much to ship off to their new homes!

2 comments:

PlazaJen said...

Three words: TIDE TO GO.

It is my best friend. And if it worked on keyboards, I woulda used it on the pad thai spillage last week!

Eek on the sewing scissor murder. I hope for his sake it wasn't his case, either.

Jack K. said...

That sounds like a very wise position to take. When he decides to watch TV pull out the knitting.

When he begins to grouse about your knitting, perhaps he is just thirsty and needs a cup of coffee.

I haven't tried tide to go, but if plazajen says it's good, then it's good. May have to try it.