Saturday, April 01, 2006

flashes of brilliance

So yesterday Kev and I were speaking on the phone, I was at work he was heading to work. We spoke of Simon and how much we seriously dislike him in the morning. Now, don't get all up in arms about that statement. He's a heathen in the morning. Yesterday he started in at 5:50 for breakfast, which is always served promptly at 7:00. He walks on us, cries as if he's dying of starvation, he clacks the blinds (both above us and across the room), he tries to get under my night stand to play with electrical cords...I could go on but I think you get the picture.

We've tried locking him out of the room. He just shakes the door. We've tried wedging something against the door so it can't move, he gets it moving, and then it hits the item we've wedged, making even more noise.

We were almost out of ideas until Kev said something about wishing he had a glass (of bucket) of water to throw on him. Then it hit me...the spray bottle for when I iron!!! Grabbed it last night and this morning, beautiful. Got to actually squirt the little bugger three times and the rest of the times just brandishing the bottle made him run.

Sweet relief!!! :)

4 comments:

PlazaJen said...

You know what's hysterically funny? My girlfriend's husband does the same thing to their cat in the night? And uh, one night? He sprayed their 4-year-old in the face. She hasn't forgotten it, either. (Of course, he felt horrible, but still - it made for a damn funny story.)

shannon said...

Oh Jen! That is too funny. I assume she came up to the bed in the middle of the night and he was still half asleep? Too funny!!!

Man, to actually get to squirt Simon was priceless this morning. Kev's going to want a bottle on his side of the bed too now, if he learns how much I enjoyed getting to spray the little shit. LOL

Jack K. said...

Don't you wish you had a cat like Hazel? We have trained each other to put her to bed in her room every night. I mean every night. If we don't send her there she has taken to going on her own. When I go back to check on her she is usually in her basket. Then I just close the door and fasten it. She remains there until morning.

Brag, Brag, Brag.

bronxbt said...

well, shanny... hazel sounds like she's plotting jack's doom... it's always the quiet ones you have to look out for...

regarding my chewie - he jumps ON and OFF the bed. Again, and again, and again and again... feeeeed me!

But, the funny thing is - he does it to wifee, not me.

sweeeet justice.
bwa ahahahaaaaaaaaaaa