Sunday, March 05, 2006

can you see what's on the screen?

A few weeks ago I began the job of cleaning out my sewing room (well, what I call my sewing room but more it's a catch all of crap). I had one box of random recycling that I had to sort (you know, shred, no shred). No big deal.

As I worked through the boxes of papers I realized I needed something else, other than just clearing the mess. The flow was not working and I knew it would have to be fixed to get the good creative mojo flowing. I got to thinking how nice it would be to have a comfortable chair in the room so I could sit back in the warmest room of the house on the cool winter nights and knit. Although, the room is the size of a postage stamp (read, not even our queen sized bed would fit in it) and I didn't know how I was going to get it to happen. Then, I had an idea...move the bookcase to the closet! I'm not really liking the ties to the left of the door and am thinking those may be coming down shortly. Other than that, I'm really quite pleased with the way it's shaping up. I mean, it's not custom or fancy pants, but it is exactly what I needed to do in order to get my comfortable chair into the room.

I moved the computer/sewing table around to give myself a small corner for the only "comfy" chair in the house (and until I re-stuff the seat cushion it's not quite the most comfortable chair).

I apologized to Chloe (you see, she'd loved running through the house and up the side of that chair when it was in the living room). She just watched me with her big eyes. I carried it back and set it into place.

Perfect.
I can now come back here and spend the evening knitting while listening to music through the world wide web.

Simon and Josie seem to like it (I'm thinking about getting a bed for her while she's in here, you know instead of the hardwood floor). Simon just hangs on the table top with me as I write this entry (although the birds have demanded his attention so now he's staring wide eyed and alert out the window).

I can't wait until Kev gets home to see what I've been up to. He's been waiting for me to tackle the box of ugliness for a while now. I feel rather accomplished.

We are heading to an Oscar party tonight (thankfully not a fancy dress party) and I suppose I should get going...must get ready for my close up. Although it'll be hard to tear myself away from my new computer.

My three favorite machines, computer, sewing machine and serger.

Okay, I'm out.

5 comments:

Jack K. said...

It looks very good. I know it was a challenge. Chloe will get used to it.

Adrianne said...

Looks good. It's nice to have a comfortable chair to knit in.

PlazaJen said...

Looks good, are you ready to come organize mine? ;)

shannon said...

Jen,

Next time I'm home visiting my parents, I'm there! I love helping friends organize! It's a sickness really. LOL

Adrianne said...

To answer your question in the title of this post: Your update of this post.