Friday, February 10, 2006

my random orts (what does that word mean?)

1. I have 8 cases of clogs/sandals in the storage room waiting to be unpacked. None of the new sandals look cute on my feet. :(

2. Sun Kil Moon is an amazing band and can make even the most agitated person calm and relaxed.

3. Big pasta lunches make me want to sleep sleep sleep. Think anyone would notice if I took a nap? Think I could rely on people to leave the money on the counter?

4. People can get cranky if/when their credit card company makes the merchant call for verification. Even when it really is the person's card. I try to reassure them that the company has THEIR best interest at heart. Sometimes, it doesn't help.

5. My yogi and her beau are amazing people whom I love dearly and am thrilled to be able to do some design work with/for them and their new business, Bambuseae.

6. The sun, makes people happy in the Pac NW when it comes a knocking during the middle of winter. You don't realize how much you craved it until it shows itself again after being asleep for so many months.

7. People who stand or pace in front of my store while talking up a storm on their phones kind of bug me. I mean, yeah I much prefer them to be outside and not in my store, but 9 times out of 10 the people who are doing the pacing/standing AREN'T coming into the store. They're just leaning on the wall trying to look all coolio with their headsets on and their tussled hair.

5 comments:

k said...

oooh, I love Red House Painters. I have to skedaddle to work, but I'll check out the website more when I get home. :D

bronxbt said...

omgoodness, that watercolor painting on your yogi friend's site is amazing.

is that your work?

do share more once you start doing more work!

also, check my site at some point. kitties have found a new use for the flooring i think you'll enjoy

have a great weekend shanny!

PlazaJen said...

ORT: : a morsel left at a meal : SCRAP

:) It's probably my favorite crossword puzzle word. Who's a huge geek? MOI!

Persico said...

Just leave a pile of loose change on the counter. Customers will do the right thing.

Perhaps that only happens in the movie Clerks. You should still find out anyhow.

Jack K. said...

Thanks, plazajen, I just found that clue for orts in a crossword puzzle. I knew I had seen it before. It is a regular clue in crosswords.