Wednesday, February 08, 2006

juh?

Okay, so my dear Kev and I have spoken about things in the past about women and men and what makes us all different. One topic was the public restroom. Women, we go in packs where we can totally carry on conversations while in the middle of everything. Men, won't even use the urinal next to some other dude.

Here is where that gets skewed.

Today is my dear friend Chaslyn's birthday. We went to Ya Hala for dinner (man, I can still taste the hummus and baba ghanouj). I ran to the restroom because the wine I had with dinner...was talking. Anyway. Both doors have the "occupied" or "vacant" signs and both were pointing to vacant. These restrooms were one toilet per room. The first door I opened was on two men (mind you there was NOTHING FISHY going on) where I kept saying, "the door said vacant" as they tried to reassure me everything was fine. What confuses me, two men, one toilet (not like it was in a stall) and they were peeping in front of each other...well, one peeped in front of the other and then he left as I was stammering my apologies (let's all thank the heavens above for wine RIGHT NOW!). They had been sitting at a large table next to us, I think perhaps father in law/son in law perhaps?!?! But even then, the code. It's gone against the code of the guy.

I think I need to go rock myself to sleep.

3 comments:

bronxbt said...

GREAT! I was eating pie and it almost came outta my nose 'cuz you made me laugh so hard!

you
are
a
riot.

PlazaJen said...

I don't understand it either & must go find some breakfast to get my mind distracted from the confusion!

Adrianne said...

Maybe they had too much wine themselves and forgot the unspoken, unwritten code? Very strange.