Tuesday, January 24, 2006

frog pond how i hate thee

Well, I had a good two and a half inches done on Kev's scarf when only the yarn knows what happened. It was going really well. I was knitting and purling and it was really taking shape. And then I must have knit when I was supposed to purl AND I somehow picked up another stitch (I think I know how I did it...just not when). So, after back tracking and carefully taking a row and a half off I ended up having to rip the whole thing out and starting over. It's just as well because even though it was looking nice, I didn't like the knit 1 purl 1 ribbing. Instead I'm doing a knit 2 purl 2 ribbing that is looking much more masculine and "beefy" (for lack of a better word).

And wow, when did this turn into Shanny's Knit Blog?! :)

The weekend was good. Went by way too quickly, but it was very productive. We got the house cleaned top to bottom (I scrubbed the hell out of the bathroom and kitchen). We even got the front yard rid of any slimy leaves. We bought a cart (although we left the wheels off) to put in the kitchen so that we have more storage space for food (I can show pictures later kids...for those who've seen our kitchen and know it's just a smidge bigger than a postage stamp and are wondering where in the world we could fit something).

Sunday Jill came over and we reconstructed a ball skirt she'd made me a few years ago (for one of the few ERAC holiday parties) into a cocktail length skirt. We then realized I own a top that will work so that this Sunday when we go shopping with Chaz all I have to search for are some really great earrings and a small clutch. This also means if there is a sweater or a pair of pants I fall for they can come home too (if the price is right baby!).

I'm ready to go in and finish up the order for Fall 06 for one of the companies we sell. Have to have it done by the 15th of Feb to get our dating. My boss is back on Thursday (can you believe he's not called me even once?!?!). Yoga has been moved to Wednesday (which makes Kev happy since he said he missed hanging out with me on Tuesdays). That's pretty much it...

3 comments:

bronxbt said...

what am I missing here? Frog pond? maybe I jes' need coffee.

shannon said...

as in rippit rippit rippit...

FemaleCSGradStudent said...

In case you haven't found it yet, this is a great way to get out sewing angst:

http://threadbared.com/

After finally living out the glory of that last scarf I made, I've started my next project: a sweater. Yeah, two scarves and suddenly I think I'm an expert.