Wednesday, January 25, 2006

the art of communication

Kev and I were speaking this weekend about my yoga practice and what night it falls on. We'd originally practiced on Wednesday nights but had switched to Tuesdays for a while. When we made the switch I'd asked Kev if it was okay, since that was one of three evenings he was not working. He said it would be fine. Well, come to find out that he really does miss me during that time on Tuesday evening because when we (Diana and I) were discussing switching back to Wednesdays Kev piped in with "I would like that better..."

I explained to Diana that Kev (and I actually) would really prefer Wednesdays since we don't see each other all that often throughout the week (especially in the evenings) and she understood completely. Jill and Mark both have evenings off so the night of the week usually doesn't matter to her. As long as she gets to practice. :)

I'm just glad that Kev has realized he CAN tell me when things are weighing on his mind. Cuz he knows I have no problem with doing that...which reminds me. LOL

1 comment:

bronxbt said...

wifee and i have the hardest time juggling schedules. it's one of the worst parts of a relationship. you WANT to spend time together, knowing that too much togetherness will most likely result in someone losing a limb, but really just try to make the best of that which we have.

Thankfully, most evenings we can see each other. not working retail has some advantages fer sure. BUT, there's business dinners, entertaining clients, business trips and all that drama to contend with that can be a real bummer.

wifee has been a huge supporter of me over the years with my career needs, and now that she's so successful in her field, it's my turn.

communication is the key to any relationship. missing someone is healthy. telling that person you missed her/him and reaping the benefits of those three words is well.. wonderous.