Thursday, December 22, 2005

oh how i wish

I work until Saturday afternoon (we may be closing early...if shoppers are done and the foot traffic is non-existent). I have two people I still need to shop for. I say need, but really it's a feeling of wanting to get them something because they've been great friends and since this is the time of year where it's deemed acceptable to buy your friends things (although I am a firm believer that you celebrate in the moment and if throughout the year you see something that screams, "TAKE ME TO ______" then you buy it and give it to ______. I do that with Jill often.) I did go a bit overboard with gifts for a few of my friends, but can I help it that things just spoke up this year at this time?

I am just at a loss as what I should get my new and dear friend Shannon. We are so getting Kiley a cordless drill, to start him out right in his new house with all his projects he's got dancing through his head. However, is it wrong to get someone Jack Daniels for a gift? Somehow, I'm not sure it's right...but at the same time, I know she'd appreciate and enjoy it. I had a customer, who is wackadoodle and I see her every six weeks when she gets her hair done, suggest a throw for Shannon. She's a snuggly girl, but I think Kiley would like that more since he's the one who makes a nest in front of the tv on the floor out of pillows and blankets.

Also, anyone know where a girl can find a funny baseball hat that has an image of a pig on it? Perhaps an angry pig (no, not an Arkansas Razorback pig either). You see, Josie's asked if I could help her find a hat to give to Doug, my friends boyfriend. It seems as though she had a taste of his former "angry pig hat" when they were watching the house and sitting on the pets the last trip we took. I've been on the hunt since, but Josie really wants to do right by him this year for Christmas. Any ideas would be appreciated. I am going to check out a store today, if Ahmed can actually hang out and let me run for a few minutes.

All this, and I have to work! I got Chaz earrings from the bead store that I work next to. They are pink and dangly. She'll love them. It's just two more people left and then I'm done...except for the pie and printing out the coupons and the letter to give with the pie. But that's easy. I can get up and make a pie so very easily on Sunday morning, or even make it Saturday night, depending on what we end up doing. I'm not making your traditional dinner on Sunday, but shrimp alfredo. So I'll need to get Kev to get the ingredients tomorrow. Must make him a list tonight so he won't have to deal with it, or have to call me at work asking...

Too many things to do and not enough time to do them...

Happy Flipping Holidays!

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

well, I could eventually design an ANGRY PIG shirt/hat/etc off my other site to go along with Angry carrot, Angry squirrel, and more... but it wouldn't be done in time for the holidays.

Stick to booze. booze is good.

Adrianne said...

If she really likes Jack Daniels, get it for her. They have really neat gift boxes with the booze and really neat glasses to serve it in.

Happy Holidays!