Thursday, December 22, 2005

if all goes according to plan (tempting fate)

I went to a few stores today already, Ahmed was kind enough to come in and sit in the store while I ran like a crazy person in search for the perfect trucker style hat for Doug, Chaz's boyfriend. You know, the guy whose hat Josie ate? It was his favorite. I've not heard the end of it since...I've been on the search for the perfect hat ever since. The guy who owns one of the stores I bopped into (who is said to have the best suggestions of where to find things if he doesn't have anything close to said item) suggested ebay. So, I get back to work and pop online to check it out.

With any luck, in a couple of hours, I'll be able to give Doug this:

This is Blinky, the three eyed fish, from The Simpsons. I do not know if Doug is a Simpsons fan, but honestly, I think he'll love it either way. I am keeping fingers and toes crossed because this is the hat I want to give him.

Until then, since it won't get here until after the holidays, Ahmed suggested I give him a Dansko hat. I decided to take one home and search through my patches and see if I can come up with something to wrap for him, just until the real gift arrives.

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

OMG - 'dats awesome!
I thought that was from the other Matt Groening show, Futurama?

Isn't that 3-eyed mongrel sitting on the Professor's desk?

Anyone? hello?
the terror....

thisworksayisgoingsoslowsomeoneshootme.

Anonymous said...

Well congrats on winning the prize! I hope your friend likes his new hat, and Josie's mistake is forever left alone.