Tuesday, December 27, 2005

back in the saddle again

Well, it's day one back at work. Even though I didn't get any extra time off for the holidays it still feels like I was gone for a week. Ken, the best damn barista in Portland (notice, where he's the best Shari), and I got to talking about it. He too mentioned feeling like it was an extra long weekend, even though he got no extra time off. He attributed it to the fact that we weren't running errands (aside from the Great Noodle Hunt Kev went on) and actually took time to sit still and enjoy time with friends and family (or friends who are family). I think he's got something there.

Today has gone by rather quickly. I am a bit surprised. I mean, think about it...I go on a sunny Mexico vacation THIS WEEKEND and so I'm a little bit excited. Usually when I have something to look forward to later in the week time, she stands still. I'm hoping that I wake up tomorrow and it's Saturday already. :)

So, you may be wondering what wild and fun things we have planned for New Years Eve since our plane leaves at the crack of dawn on New Years Day. Let's just say, very little. We will have dinner with Shannon and Kiley, but other than that, nothing. I don't fancy being hung over on a plane, nor do I really want to have a harder time falling asleep than I would normally when I've got something exciting happening the next morning. Crap, I have to set up the shuttle...

I better go do that before I forget, AGAIN.

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

prolly smart to set off the new years plans until 2007. i've flown with a hangover and whoa, are those pressures something to behold...

have safe and fun trip. i know you will..... your loyal fanbase expects some pics.

nuthin' funny to say this AM. Sorry. Need coffee, and perhaps a new identity, job, life, etc.

hrumpf.

Persico said...

I'm okay with you having Ken... I suppose there should be a best barista in every city. I'll learn to accept your Ken.

I hope you have a great trip, and just remember juevos also mean testicles.