Friday, November 25, 2005

where have all the shoppers gone?

Man, I was ready. I was prepared. I wore one of my most comfortable outfits. I brought a lunch of nibblies (carrots, crackers, a pear...) so that when I was helping the throngs of people find and purchase their shoes I could just nibble my lunch. Well, where are they? The throngs never showed up.

I have two and a half more hours left and as I look outside there is nobody crossing in front of my store. The kids at the sub shop got to close early and go home already because they've been so slow. Wait, here comes someone now!!!! No, he was just popping in to do a pre-shop look around.

I think I'll eat my pear...

2 comments:

Jack K. said...

Be thankful that you didn't have the maddening throngs at some stores where they literally hurt each other.

Anonymous said...

The day after Thanksgiving isn't the busiest shopping day anymore. Apparently last year the busiest day was December 18th - a week before Christmas. Brace yourself.