Tuesday, November 22, 2005

just park the damn car!!!

Where I work I have huge windows looking out over the street in front. There is street parking in front of our store. Watching people park and attempt to park (parallel style that is) is amusing to me. I can watch someone in the smallest of cars take a good 15 minutes trying to get into a space that is big enough for a 1976 Buick LeSabre. The girl I'm watching now has a small hatchback of some sort. She NAILED the cement trash can that is in front of our store. I mean nailed it. She's got the loveliest scratches now along her bumper.

I once watched a guy attempt and abort parking his Mini. He pulled in head first. Couldn't quite make it...left, frustrated. I laughed my ass off! That's the hard thing too, laughing without being caught! :)

Is it sick that it brings me joy to watch others park, or shall I say attempt to park? The mini guy (as well as the girl today) made me want to go out and tell them to get the hell out of the car so they could watch and learn...

8 comments:

shannon said...

my point exactly! :)

Jack K. said...

Yeah, it is probably not the best idea to get joy from someone else's misfortune. However, if their antics are really funny, then, laughing your ass off is permitted. Besides, it might be a new way to lose inches.

They probably wouldn't appreciate the lesson either.

I understand that the interior of a MINI is quite spacious. Perhaps they believe that the exterior is relatively as large.

You could consider videotaping them and sending them to some TV program that projects such images.

Love ya.

Dad

PlazaJen said...

I seldom get really braggy, but I am an amazing parallel parker. Like, my boss & I are going to have a contest, because we both profess to be the Ninja Masters of Parallel Parking. If that happens, I'll post video. ;)

Adrianne said...

That's what happens when they stopped teaching kids how to drive in school. Now some schools have drivers ed some don't, the ones that do have driving simulators so they don't even get to drive real cars.

Just because laughing at someones misfortune isn't in good form doesn't make the misfortune any less funny. laugh, just ry not to get caught.

bronxbt said...

Shannon -
Every time I travel into the Seattle area, I see idiots trying to part their HUGE cars into smaller spots.

last week, on business, and associate and I watched an H3, one of those offensive beasts literally back ONTO the front of an Audi.

Needless to say we laughed our arses off. Only to then watch the charade of police and pissed off yuppies.

(the owner of the now 50% squished car was actually laughing at the other guy for being SUCH a moron)

giggle.

BTW, dear gawd woman! How many animals do you have!? I thought our 3 cats and 1 dog was hard!

:)

shannon said...

I only have three animals, two cats and a dog...

I'm glad that I'm not the only person who would laugh. I would have died seeing the H2 guy "parking".

Jen, I too find myself in a league of my own when it comes to parallel parking. It comes from years of living in places that didn't have off street parking.

bronxbt said...

H3.......... story works better if you use the right car!, er.. truck-like thing... er... whatever.

And yesh, I did find you long before the whole pants fiasco (hmm, moment of fond recollection)

Your zoo sounds cool tho.
Kinda like Bekah and her zoo. You all rock.

shannon said...

Bronx...did you find Bekah through me? Just curious really.

Sorry for goofing up the "car" name. You think the guy driving it had, ahem, issues? :)

Okay, going to go wait for time tp pass.