Friday, November 11, 2005

in a word, wow

So a few weeks ago Diana asked Jill and myself if we would like to be part of a design meeting for a company she will be working for in the near future. The company is called Lululemon and they make yoga wear. It was a meeting with the designers so that they could find out what we, the average person, would like in athletic wear. We both were thrilled to be asked to attend. As soon as I got the email from Paula, the woman from Lululemon who had set up the entire evening, I emailed her back saying I'd love to be part of the experience. She mailed me back saying I was in...

Last night I popped over to Yoga in the Pearl, which is where the meeting was held. I had a little time to kill so I bought a soy latte (oh my, nasty but because the cafe is a vegan cafe...had to have soy) and pulled out my knitting. I got a bit done and Diana showed up. We chatted and shared our days adventures before our friend Jenn showed up (not any Jenn I've mentioned here before). The three of us caught up with each other and then the others showed up.

Well, the CEO from Lululemon, Chip, decided he wanted to be part of this meeting and took the time out of his busy life to fly down from Vancouver, BC with his eldest son (I think Brett was 13 or so). Such an amazing parent really. His son would contribute to the meeting and instead of hushing him up, Chip encouraged Brett. It was amazing.

I got to voice my opinion about the shelf bra (I laugh at that really) and how much we, the well endowed, HATE them because they do nothing for us but turn our breasts into one large orb of a boob in the middle of our bodies. I got to talk about pants I want to be able to wear to work and then go straight to practice and NOT have to change. I took my Trina Turk pants because they are what I want. I could totally practice in the Trina pants if I wanted (or forgot my pants that night and happened to be wearing them).

In the end we all went home with new friends and a lovely surprise in the form of a NICE gift certificate. I already have my eyes on a couple of things...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise! The invitation to join, the pleasant parenting, the gift certificate, everything!

Glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

So Shannon, I see you are knitting now. What do you knit?
I am into it big time!!!! We now have 3 glorious knit shops here. Chat when you have a minute.
Lily