Sunday, October 02, 2005

with no fat cat on my head

I woke this morning right at 7:00. I think part of me was surprised because I didn't have the warm, fat, orange cat trampling across my head like normal. I didn't have to pee. I didn't have an alarm accidentally set. I just simply woke up. My favorite way to wake. :)

The animals were all kinds of excited that they were actually getting breakfast at their regular feeding time instead of an hour or so late. I was excited about getting to get up and give myself a manicure (I know, I'd just gotten one last week in LA, but they were just too long...words I never thought I'd write or say about nails growing on my hands...I digress). I was excited because the house was quiet and all mine. I fed the crew, let Josie out and then told her to go back to bed. She did. Every so often she would come visit me, but then she'd go back to her warm fleece lined bed and snooze more. Now there is the faint hum of the washer as it runs through it's rinse cycle and the smell of the heater as it turns on for the very first time of the year. Winter is coming.

Today I was supposed to meet with Naomi, the tattoo artist whom I'm having work on my leg. She called yesterday not sounding like she felt all that well and asked if we could postpone the meeting as she'd been fighting the flu all week. I told her to call me when she felt better. Myself, having just gotten over either a really bad cold or a sinus infection, didn't feel like getting the flu. So I am now waiting for 12:00 to roll around. You see today is the benefit for Mercy Corps at the Yoga Shala. Diana has no idea we are going to join her class at 1:00. I am very happy to get to see her today. A perk for my weekend really.

Diana is possibly one of the most beautiful people I've met since living here in Portland. She's an amazing spirit. She is calming. She is energizing. She kicks my butt... :) Before Jill and I "stumbled" into her class in January I really had no idea what was going to become of me and yoga. I think I thought it would be something that I'd do for a little while, get bored, move on (like so many of the things I do, sadly). But it's become more for me. A way of life really. I find myself in situations where I would have at one point gotten quite upset and frustrated but now instead I listen and take in everything before reacting. I try to see things from every point of view before I say or do anything. It has allowed me to become more proactive in my life.

For this, I thank Diana.

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

Heater? Still have the cooler on here. Can't wait till it cools off enough to just leave the doors and windows open.