Saturday, October 22, 2005

things i really do adore

1. My boss (Kindness personified!).

2. Warm sunny days in October...IN PORTLAND (I can feel the air and it feels great!)!

3. Potato soup (which is really more like a stew because it's soooooo goo-y and thick).

4. Knowing that tonight, I learn how to knit (yes, Jen, I will report back...maybe with pics, I'm still not sure if I will take the camera or not tonight).

5. People who are secure in their own skin (something I've recently discovered in myself).

6. Husbands who come in looking for shoes for their wives (even if it's not something I have...a high heeled clog?) with the hopes that they will find THE PAIR.

7. When customers are absolutely fun and laugh with me (when they laugh at my jokes, I'm in heaven!!).

8. When people come in whom I've not seen for a really long time and it freaks them out when I remember certain details from the last time they were in (which was about a year ago).

2 comments:

Persico said...

Recently I have had an intense need for knitting. One of my favorite customers ever has recently come to terms with herself wanting to knit, and very proudly sat down on our cozy couch and pulled out the yarn and needles for everyone to see. I told her she was far braver then myself. We concluded that we were too young to knit (as far as the preconcieved notions go) but that we would be the sexiest knitters alive.

She's my hero.

Chickie said...

Mmmmmm...Potato soup. That stuff's good enough to roll naked in.