Saturday, October 08, 2005

my friday night...and then some


My friend Jenn and I got a surprise hang out night last night (Fri). It was so much fun! I also got a surprise in the mail from my dearest Tanya who is stuck in GradShitTownsVille, Illinois for Grad School. Jenn's house got me the loan of her in-law's steam cleaner (more on that later if I am feeling up to sharing). Tanya's surprise landed me with the most beautiful, hand knit, GORGEOUS scarf with the sweetest note of birthday greetings (so I opened the package a week early, she didn't say not to!!). I am nervous about the steam cleaner, not nervous, but annoyed we have to use it in the first place (again more later...we'll see). I am in love with the scarf that is the accessory I didn't know that I wanted but now that I have it in all it's gorgeousness I can't imagine not having it in my life!!! Don't you agree that Tanya is amazing and talented and her scarf ROCKS? Don't you adore friends like Jenn who loan you large equipment, AND the cleaners that go in that equipment, so you can have your sanity back (really, I'm getting to that in the next paragraphs)?

I was going to take a picture of the steam cleaner as well, but that is just an ugly reminder for myself why we needed to borrow it in the first place. Okay, Mom, get ready because this story, she ain't pretty...

While I was gone in Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago (man, it's been that long?!) Josie decided that instead of holding her bladder (I know you see where this is going but I will continue) she would go in a small spot on the new carpet in the cave. Since my darling husband has a fairly weak sense of smell he didn't smell it upon arriving home. No, there was no visible wet spot as the color of the carpet we chose is perfect at hiding things like that. When I got home that Sunday night/Monday morning I instantly was smacked upside the head with an odor that was not pleasant.

"Josie peeped in the house."

"She did?"

"Yes, you can't smell that?!"

"No....(gets into the room I'm in)...awwww JOSIE!"

Now, we know that she really wouldn't have peeped inside if she was able to hold it. Kev's work day is much longer than mine and thus, she couldn't hold it any longer. He had been unable to get home to let her out, thus she couldn't hold it. Now she has that smell there to lure her into peeping again, and again, and again. We've bought Nature's Miracle (yes, the incorrect apostrophe is their typo, not mine) and sprayed the hell out of the spot. It worked for a couple of days but then yesterday when I got home...peep.

Jenn told me she'd get the steam cleaner and let me use it first (I am smitten with my friend, not because of the steam cleaner but because she's an amazing woman who makes me laugh out loud...often!). So tomorrow morning I will get up and after me crash course in steam cleaning 101 I will set out to clean the wall to wall carpet, the area rug in the living room and the sofa in the living room as well (neither of the last two things are peep stinky, but just a bit off in their own right and need some attention).

5 comments:

shannon said...

Within a minute of me posting this entry I got that first comment...

Do you think he gets paid by Foxfire to have that ad shit on his comments? He's got a real blog, although it's in french so...

Jack K. said...

Sorry to hear about Josie's dilemma. I am sure you will be able to come up with a suitable solution after the steam cleaning.

You do have some very special friends.

The scarf is fantastic. The color suits you.

Give our best to all.

Love,

Dad

Amanda said...

Hey! What day is your birthday, miss?

Adrianne said...

Try white vinager in the spot she peed. It will smell like vinager for a short while then the smell wears off and the peep smell is gone, and the dogs don't like the oder of the vinager and won't go near the spot again.

shannon said...

Dad, we are now thinking we'll have to install the doors leading to the cave. And I adore the scarf! Totally a color I love!

Amanda, my birthday is exactly one week from yesterday. :) That means the 14th. Dad's is the day before mine.

Adiranne, do you mean pour the vinegar straight onto the spot? Will it hurt the carpet or discolor it?