Tuesday, September 06, 2005

the crazy extra long weekend that really wasn't any longer than usual...

Even though this weekend was no longer for me than normal (I have Sundays and Mondays off and in the world of retail you are OPEN Labor day anyway)...anyway, even though it wasn't any longer it felt longer and that is what is important. It's what you do with your weekend that makes it what it is.

I used to be content with sitting around on my couch and watching really bad tv while Kev was playing on the computer. NOT. ANY. MORE.

So a quick recap of our weekend.

Saturday: Got together with our new friends Jenn and Dugan. Kev picked me up from work and we ran into Wild Oats (which is right down the street from them a couple of blocks) to get wine and beer. There had been a discussion of bread, as in do we buy any. It was decided that since there was rice being served with dinner that no, bread was not needed. We jump back in the car (the store was on the way to their house, otherwise we would have parked at their house and walked over) and drove the two blocks to their house. This was the first time Kev was meeting Jenn and Dugan (I've known her for four years because I sell her shoes). I've met Dugan at the store before, but it's been a while since Jenn has dragged him in with her. The boys got along famously! They played their Nintendo DS machines together...I guess the things have some type of infared technology so they can interact with each other. One of Dugan's other friends came by and the three of them were playing together. Kev had a blast! I did too, Jenn and I get along so well and it's just fun to spend time with her. We didn't leave their house until 1:00 in the morning!!! Holy Hell!

Sunday: I got up with the wild hair to paint. Actually my plan had been to get the room ready to paint on Monday, but on the way home Saturday night (aka Sunday morning) Kev informed me that we had plans with other friends on Monday...m'kay. So, painting on Sunday is what it turned into. You've all seen the photos, and if not, scroll down a bit...it's the blue room with the beautiful cat sitting in it. Kev got up, came into the cave, turned on football and promptly fell asleep on the sofa until he had to get up to go to work.

Monday: We got up, cleaned the hell out of the house, had Brandon and Jessica over before heading to Dots for lunch. They'd never been and were glad we took them there. At one point Jess said, "This is why I love coming into the city to have lunch with you two, you always take us to new and interesting places." I LOVE DOTS! It's the type of place you can go and lose track of time in. With their velvet wallpaper and the paintings of the big eye dog and big eye cat...sigh. After lunch we came back to the house, chatted a bit before they took off for home. Kev and I decided that since Josie was about to jump out of her skin we'd take her on a bike ride/run. It was so sweet to watch Josie and Kev work together. He kept an eye on her and she on him. We listened to her and turned around to come home. She slept the entire rest of the day. I took a short nap and then woke to Kev watching Anchorman. OMG! I'm glad I got to see what I did!!! We ran to the store and got fixings for chicken burritos and just had a nice evening together.

Here we are Tuesday morning. Kev's still sleeping (lucky him, it's his day off) and I'm working on my latte....the bus will be here in about 40 minutes so I should really get off this machine and get my lunch going (wait, I made myself lunch last night....sweet!!!). Well, either way, I'm out!

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

Proper prior planning promotes premiere performance. Plaudits.

Papa.