Monday, August 15, 2005

no hiking for us today

It is again a very hot day in the Pacific NW. We've gotten up, cleaned the hell out of the house and have decided it may not be a good day to take our black dog out on a hike. It was only supposed to get up to the mid 80s, but on our porch our Frogmometer reads 102. I don't think it's really that hot, but it's pretty damn hot again.

Kev's just finishing up the vacuuming and afterward I am going to suggest we grab a light bite to eat (once he's showered...). Chloe is off hiding somewhere, not the vacuums biggest fan. Simon has already gotten his butt vac'd (yes, he LOVES the vacuum). Josie, is camped out by my feet. She and Chloe think Simon is nuts-o for enjoying the vacuum (aka the beast).

I ran around with Jill and her mom, Kay, yesterday. We had such a nice time. We went down to the Woodburn outlet mall for a few hours (which proved to be a lucrative choice) before hitting the Nordstrom Rack at Clackamas (also, treated us all well). I think I may just have everything a girl could need for a trip down to LA to see her sister at the end of next month. I know, it's ridiculous how much thought I put into what I want to wear and take with me on these trips, but seriously I enjoy figuring it all out AND it helps me not over pack in the end. As it is, this trip I will be taking the most shoes ever and it's the shortest trip I'll have taken...

No comments: