Saturday, August 06, 2005

man, had to open that can

I got a post from a member of my animal group asking if the group was interesting at all or ever had interesting conversations that she was bored and didn't anyone have a cat to chat about (among other rather rude and snotty 17 year old types of things). I sent her an email saying that if she felt the group wasn't to her liking there were several other groups online she could go join. She replied that she didn't know who I was to tell her to move on and that she was going to stay...yadda yadda yadda. Totally rude. Members emailed me asking who she was (when she joined a couple of months ago she never introduced herself to the group so when this email came through many had no clue who she was). I told them she was someone who apparentally felt that we were boring.

I booted her rude butt and then sent her an email telling her she needed to find some manners. I told her I did have the power to tell her to move on and I did have the power to see that she moved on. I know, I know someone will say "you should have done x, y and z" and explained and been more understanding, but honestly, I have no time for rude 17 year olds who think they can be disrespectful of the members of my list. It's ridiculous, I know, but still...it's not like Kev doesn't have his online nerds he "hangs" with at the Ween Forum!!!

3 comments:

Jack K. said...

There may be reasons to be polite and/or gentle. But, there are times, for one's own mental hygiene, that the direct, no holds barred, "get the hell outta here" approach is appropriate. I bet "The Donald" gets a thrill out of saying, "You're Fired!"

As long as you didn't say, "You're gone, Bitch", you are probably OK.

Ya, done well.

Love,

Dad

PlazaJen said...

yeah, you know, what with "the kids today" growing up in the age of computers, I'm a lot more forgiving of bad netiquette from someone who's older & hasn't figured it all out yet - as long as they're willing to hear the advice & follow it! She deserved the boot - and hey, that would fall under your area of expertise!!!!

shannon said...

LOL @ PlazaJen!! :) Love that...we haven't gotten our boots in yet though so I had to barefoot her ass out of there...