Tuesday, August 30, 2005

the joy of friends

So after feeling like a drowned rat I began feeling achey and kind of fuzzy in my brain. I was chatting with my dear friend Amanda who told me to get some "emer'gen-C" in me soon. I told her I didn't have any and didn't know where to pick some up downtown.

Moments ago I am on the phone with a very excited customer. I am having to feign excitement myself...hard to do when feeling as I am. I look up and see my dear Amanda parking her car in front of my store. She walks in briskly and hands me two packets of, you guessed it, Emrg'en-C! I'm at a loss for words...

Friends like her come into your life and if you are lucky, you realize it and you hold onto them! I've realized it for sure!!! She's an amazing woman whom I feel lucky to have gotten to meet.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Aw sweetie... happy to help! I'm glad it perked you up. It was an extra treat for me anyway to get to see you for a minute.

And I hope you feel all the way better quickly. xoxoxxo