Wednesday, June 22, 2005

shoes, the international language

I have a customer who I see every so often. She doesn't speak much English. I get very few words from her when she comes in. Usually she will bring a pair of shoes she wants a second pair of and will point and say "same black" or "same brown." Somehow we muddle through and she ends up with something that is to her liking (or something she will take home to her daughter to say yes or no to). It's amazing because we "speak" in motions and sounds and very few words. Most customers who come in are English speaking people and I can chat them up, but she's different. We smile and laugh and have figured out our own language...the international language of shoes.

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

You have discovered the "international language" of serving, caring and sharing the love in your heart. What a great realization to learn you are fluent in that language.

I hope your lunch was tasty.

Love,

Dad