Friday, June 24, 2005

serendipity

I'm not going to start making this a blog about fitness, etc. This will be the last one and then I can email people to let them know more if they ask...

When Kev threw the challenge in the ring I was all kinds of excited. I wasn't sure what kind of work out I would do...until I got my Glamour in the mail (I really hate the name of the publication, but it is an amazing source of information!). It was the day after we challenged each other that I received it. There was an article about three different exercise programs they had real women test for 8 weeks to see which one helped them lose the most inches/weight. They then ran the entire work out of the winning program. It was lifting weights, with 10 minutes of prep cardio.

I started doing the routine. It was tough at first, but as I did it longer, it got way easier. There were 8 different movements to do with the weights. Once I got going I would adjust the movements to serve me better. Certain things made my knees hurt so I'd alter it slightly with things we'd done in yoga.

Now I do my own kind of thing, but honestly, that article in Glamour, huge for me!!!

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

Isn't it wonderful to discover you personal power? Power over yourself as well as any situation. It is nice to learn of your accomplishements. Keep up the good works.

Love,

Dad