Thursday, January 08, 2004

prayers

Well, I am supposed to be going in to work today. I have not spoken to Ahmed yet this morning, but yesterday he was set on opening the shop. I guess 0-3 people in? I am a bit nervous about getting on the bus today (both ways). The major street we live off of has not even been plowed. This city is not prepared for what nature has handed it. Personally, I think they should have plans set for these types of weather events. This city does not use salt (which would have the snow and ice melted on all the streets) they use sand (which sort of slides around on top of the ice making it slicker). The local news channels have been reporting on it non-stop, just about 24 hours straight, for the past few days. It's getting old. Yes, it's cold, it's snowy and icy, WE KNOW!!! All we need are the regular weather updates we get throughout the day. I understand wanting to beef it up a bit in the morning as people are deciding if they are heading to work or not, but ALL DAY of reports on the weather!?!?

So, I need your prayers as I make my treck into the city (assuming Ahmed is still going to make me go in). I will call him to verify that he does still want me there, but I'm sure he will.

More later...

No comments: