Sunday, January 11, 2004

fat and sassy!!

We just finished up with dinner, Penne pasta with alfredo sauce. YUM! We pulled Josie's bed to the cave so she could lay down with us instead of being back in the bedroom alone. Well, usually we have to push her nose out of our trays as we eat until she lies down and leaves us alone. This time, she didn't even get up, slept in her bed the entire time we ate. I gave her love and kisses and praise for leaving us alone.

Today was the second time I went to the Gresham, Oregon PetCo to help with Second Chance Companions. We had five big dogs and two puppies. Two of the dogs had much interest made in them, one even was getting a house visit as we were closing up for the day. I hope that Silence (she's the one on the visit) gets a forever home!! The couple had been there last month with their dog getting things and the woman fell for Si. Today they were back and as soon as I saw the man I knew he was Toby's daddy! I asked, "you're Toby's dad, right?" Everyone was quite surprised that I remembered his dogs name, but that is just how I am! They took her home and I have an email out to Karen (who fosters many of the dogs) wanting to know how it went.

I am sure my family thinks I have completely lost my mind with the whole dog thing, but it's just so wonderful having Josie as a member of the family.

Tomorrow we have a few things to do, like calling an electrician to come out and help us figure out what is going on with the lights. The entire house flickers. Sometimes it is horrible while other times it doesn't do it at all.

Simpsons are on so I am out!

No comments: