Thursday, January 29, 2004

been thinking

so a good friend of mine has been picking my brain and venting a bit about things that are happening, or not happening I should say, in her relationship. It got me to thinking about what I have with Kev. He's a good man, cares for others, loves me to no end and I really wouldn't want to be without him in my life. Sure we've had some troubles, but that comes with any relationship. You simply work through those and move on.

Many women have the issue that their partners are not romantic enough for their taste (with a few exceptions to that rule, I swear Mark should start his own business in teaching men how to woo their women, Jill is one lucky girl!!). I have come to the realization that women, generally speaking, want their mates to want to do the grand things for them. For instance, a woman would love her husband/boyfriend to plan a nice evening for an upcoming Hallmark holiday. She discusses this with said mate to which they reply, "why do I have to plan it?" At this point the woman is getting a bit hurt that her mate wouldn't instantly say, "I've already gotten that taken care of. Don't worry your pretty little head." She continues to say things like, "No, really I want you to make plans." Now, what she really wants is for him to want to make the plans, the plans are truly irrelevant at this point. So, women, instead of making yourselves nutty about it think about the little things he already does for you. Kev picks up things at the grocery store that I haven't even asked for, yet really really like. It's a little thing, but it means that he was thinking of me while shopping. Sure I wish he'd surprise me with a grand gesture, but that's not his style. He thinks, "I be Shannon would really like some _____" and he picks it up.

Know that even if they don't do what we would want to have done for us that they still do love us.

No comments: