Monday, July 28, 2003

Ugh, moving is nooooo fun. Although when you have the help of three fabulous men-Brandon, Merek and James- (other than your husband) it goes rather quickly. I honestly don't think I lifted one heavy thing! I just packed and packed and packed what we hadn't gotten done.

The place is slowly coming together. My friend Kris tried to explain picture links, but I need Kev to look at what he is saying to help me. I promise you will see it soon, but probably not until we have everything set up!

The kitties are adjusting to life here at the house, all the new noises are a bit frightening though. Chloe is just not fond of Simon at the time. She keeps hissing at him. Although she does tend to follow him around when he is exploring. We already know where some of their favorite spots to perch will be.

It is red hot today in the Pac NW. Supposed to be upwards of 100. The house is relativly cool, although we must invest in some bamboo shades to hang outside the sliding door in the kitchen. It is always about 5-10 degrees warmer in there. We have also decided that come August we will get a new sliding glass door. The current one is rahter hard to roll, very dated, and has no screen so we can not open it in the evening as we had been when the kitties were not here. It makes a difference when we can open it!! I already have my eye on what I want, and Kev agrees.

My kitchen is almost fully unpacked, just waiting for the box with the toaster to make it over (that box has my espresso machine attachments too). I have been draggin' my wagon all day. No caffiene makes Shanny a sleepy zombie girl.

The toiletries await. More as more happens.

No comments: