Thursday, December 04, 2008

where i sit


Yesterday life returned to "normal" and I worked until closing at our mall location (perhaps you read something about that yesterday?). I got home and my new desk had been delivered. Kev knew better than to put it together. I love doing that kind of stuff.

So after changing into my jammies, I set to work promptly. It took very little time and it's perfect. The chair is a fine height (after much debate). The desk is the right size for the space. I am a little saddened at the thought of not getting to use Jill's desk anymore, but it's time. She's not asking for it back, but I can't allow myself to get any more attached than I already am.

In real life, it's not as dark. It's a redder wood than you can see here. And that chest that Simon is splayed on? It actually lives where the tree is currently standing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like it goes well in your room -- I like the colors you have going on (even on the wall).

Jack K. said...

Your mother and I think it looks great.

She is now decorating the tree in the front room. Photos to follow once I can access my blog again.

Love ya,

Dad

Adrianne said...

The desk looks good. You picked the right color.