Wednesday, May 07, 2008

dinner...it was amazing

What a truly lovely evening we shared last night. Kev took me to Ruth's Chris Steak House, downtown. The food was amazing.

Our evening started when we were given a glass of champagne shortly after we sat down. They all wanted to know how long it'd been. One guy kept saying, "amazing! wonderful! amazing!" Although I'm not sure what was that amazing about us hitting year 8, I do agree that it's wonderful.

Anyway, I had the most amazing, succulent petite filet mignon I've ever eaten in my life. It was topped with a blue cheese that had been broiled a bit to make it a crust. Kevin had the same, only not the petite. We shared steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes.

I, knowing I wanted to have dessert, did not eat my whole meal (fabulous lunch today, btw!) and was going to ask for the menu when the waitress came by with my decaf and spoons for us. It seems as though she ordered a creme brulee for us.

Perfection. Absolute perfection.

3 comments:

Jack K. said...

How sweet it is.

What a great way to celebrate a wonderful occasion.

Love,

Dad

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Sounds like a lovely evening!

Unknown said...

I know I'm late but happy anniversary! I love Ruth's Chris -- what a great treat.