Sunday, November 19, 2006

thanks a lot, jen... :)

I've been tagged. My darling friend, PlazaJen tagged me for this meme.....

The Guidelines: List 5 weird things about yourself or your pets. Tag 5 friends and list them. Then, those people need to write on their blogs about 5 weird things, and state the rules, and tag 5 more people. Don't forget to let the people you tag know by posting a comment on their blog (shanny addition: but if they read your blog regularly, like i read jen's...they already know)!

1. I feel guilty getting my hair cut when it's only been five weeks since the last cut. My hair grows like wildfire and my stylist is amazing, but I felt horrible yesterday calling and telling her it hadn't grown out the way I normally love (she'd tried something new...as she always does and i normally love). Usually, I see her four to six times a year. She was as surprised as I was and told me to come in an hour before she normally starts today...I love her, but feel soooo guilty.

2. Everytime I am going on a trip I start obsessing on the clothing I will take about a month out. It starts with just thinking. Then making a list of what tops and what bottoms. Then come the sketches of each outfit and which day I will wear them on. Sometimes, I actually wear them on the days noted, but often I will mix it up and wear them on a different day. I will not, however, change and mix up an outfit (even if all the components I take will mix and match).

3. When I was a kid I wanted to wear glasses sooooo badly that I actually bought a pair of glasses with fake lenses. Now I am supposed to wear them (when driving or working on the computer) and I typically can find them on top of my head. I do wear them while driving. Oh and I can't knit when wearing them, I always look under them to see what I'm doing.

4. Even though in a few days we'll be hiking in Hawaii, I am not sure I'm as excited as I would be about hiking if Josie were with us. I am happy by her utter JOY of hiking and that's half the hike for me. Just watching that joy. I am sure I'll love the hike and think the scenery is gorgeous, but I will think to myself at least once that I wish Josie were with us.

5. I'm afraid of learning how to knit socks. I hear that once you start it's a slippery slope and you never buy socks again. I've got friends with a one in one out rule. For every pair of hand knit socks she makes, she tosses one store bought. I'd never knit anything but socks...this, this I fear.

So what five friends (or people whose blogs i stalk) shall I tag? Really, it's kind of a fun one to write and was easier than I'd thought...shush!

So, Kerri, Shari, Bronxbt, Kat, and Dad...tag, you're all it.

No comments: