Sunday, November 05, 2006

half day pj day

I got a call last night with ten minutes to go at work. It was the woman who works Sundays saying she was still not feeling well and the bug she had last weekend (she didn't work last Sunday either) had come back full force, making her leave her other job early. I told her not to worry, we'd figure it out and to let us know as soon as she could about Monday. I told Ahmed that I'd just plan on working, that I'd left Chas a message on his phone, but it would be taken care of.

I got a message back from Chas last night when we were at Shannon and Kiley's eating and playing Scene It, the Turner Classic Movie edition (I got one single answer right...). When I listened he said he'd go ahead and work today. I told Kev on the way home that I'd still plan on working, I'd call Chas this morning and tell him I could cover it. When I called him, he told me not to worry about it since he was not going to be in town next weekend. I told him if she called off for tomorrow, I'd work and we'd figure something out so he wasn't always having to cover when people are sick. He seemed to like that idea. I totally hope that she doesn't call off, but he said he'd call me and let me know. If I don't hear from him by 4:30 I'll give him a call to check in.

I've been loving working two days in the office (this past week was the first week of that) and can hardly wait until it's the real three day office week with two on the floor.

So now, I'm still in my pj's, I'm knitting (when not writing here), while Kev is watching the Bears play the Dolphins. I've got a call out to a friend to see if she wants to get together and sit and knit today and she's going to call me later after she's done with a couple of errands she already had on her plate. I hope we can get together tonight. I always have such a lovely time with Amy. It's funny to think she (as well as some of my other friends) started out as a customer.

Happy Sunday everyone. :) If you can, I highly suggest a PJ Day!

No comments: