Monday, October 09, 2006

helpers in all shapes and sizes

I went and got my hair cut yesterday. Realizing I was that much closer to the yarn shop, I zipped over to get another ball of the kidsoft silk mohair. I had just about run out and was at the halfway mark of feathers and fans. I swear, it knits quickly, but seems to be taking forever.

While there, I found some new yarn for one of the other scarves. I decided I don't like Cascade all that much. At least not the superwash. I think it feels cheap. I know, I know. Yarn snob? Actually I am going to use it, but not for the scarf. I am thinking a blanket for a good friend's baby (he's due to join us in January). I am thinking of pairing it with the Lanette I made the sleeves with (which reminds me, I must post them soon).

Anyway, about that helper. He is just making sure it's soft and comfortable?

Okay, I'm off to work more on the f & f and do some laundry that didn't get finished yesterday (yes, while I was away my dear husband actually worked on the laundry!!!).

knit on. (this was supposed to be posted there instead of here....oh well)

5 comments:

Persico said...

This reminds me...

If I pay you will you make me fabulous things?

Jack K. said...

Ah, it is amazing how a wonderful hobby can turn into an avocation. It can also help you to forget other things of less importance.

Kudos, to Kev. The lad is catching on. tee hee, snerx.

As for the helper, I didn't realize that yarn had to be pressed. Simon seems to be doing an excellent job of it.

shannon said...

shari-i'll email you soon

dad-yes, simon is doing a great job pressing the not complete feathers and fans...he and chloe both love that one (i'm sure i've knit in much of their fur as well as josie's).

bronxbt said...

KITTENZEES!!!!

eep!

yeah, that's all i got. sorry.

bronxbt said...

MEOWR
vote for an animal.

~ mr puddins