Thursday, March 30, 2006

please, let her be the one!

So I think I met my new coworker yesterday. We're hiring a part timer to work downtown two days a week, with potential for more hours at other stores. This really sweet, bubbly, cute gal walks in last night and says:

"I saw the sign in the window on my walk to work this morning and had to come by tonight to ask about it..."

She works temp work and is done on Friday. She's looking to work a part time job and hoping to get an internship at a publisher. I might even have a couple of places to send her for that. There was a really great energy to her. She would be perfect in my shop, I don't know how I know, I just do.

Other people whom Ahmed has said, "she'll do really well, people will like her, she's sweet, he's been working in the business for blah blah blah" haven't fared too well. I think he needs to let me do the hiring for my shop. Hell, I would have hired her on the spot if I knew the specifics. She's supposed to drop her resume by today and tomorrow (assuming she has, which I really feel she will) I will call her to set up an interview with Ahmed for next week. I'm convinced she's looking for what we are offering. Also, she had an old, beat up pair of Dansko shoes on, so...

No comments: