Tuesday, February 21, 2006

i could...

I could complain...

"Oh woe-s me...I only had one day off this past weekend. I'm so tired"

But I think I'd be slapped silly because you see, I am only here two days this week and then...I'M OFF FOR FIVE STRAIGHT DAYS!!!

It's slowly hitting me that I am going to San Diego Thursday thru Saturday. Slowly. I mean, I've packed almost everything I'm taking (I had to do a bit of laundry because a sweater and a cami were dirty that I wanted to wear while there). The makeup bag is packed (and sitting open so I can use my favorites these next couple of days). The fancy clutch my dear friend Jenn is lending me is nestled in it's protective bag (I refuse to let anything bad happen to the clutch while it's in my care and thus I've used a bag I have for one of my other purses to protect it in the carry on). I just have to pack the knitting and the yoga book, and both those things are currently being used. I suppose I could pack the mohair and the 10.5's I'm going to use for that scarf since I've not officially started it, but will when I'm there. Had thought of packing Electric Youth, but decided that I would wait to do that when I got home...still not sure though. A girl can change her mind.

Even though I only had one day off (yesterday) for my weekend I still packed that day full of wonderful things. Sadly, this did not include a hike with Josie. It was just so darn cold out and I had a closet to clean out in the sewing/knitting/crafty room. And that started me on a grand reorganization kick and we all know what happens then...you want to curl up into a ball and cry.

I got about half done when we realized we needed to start getting ready to meet our friends for dinner. We haven't seen Jess and Bran for quite some time and it was nice to catch up. We didn't stay out late since it was a "school" night for us all and when Kev and I got home we started working on a puzzle his Dad and Kathy sent us. :) We're photo documenting our progress so that we can send them the story of the puzzle. LOL

So, I suppose I could complain, but I'm not really sure where that would get me. I know, it surprises me too! ;)

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

yesh, there has been a wee bit of complaining as of late from you Portland folk as of late...

what gives?

s'okay tho.. in less than 6 days, I'll be in Hawaii for a week with my ma.

woot woot!

I'll drink a margarita for you!

shannon said...

no, no honey. in hawaii you drink mai tais! :)