Saturday, January 21, 2006

yeah, if you don't knit...this may bore you

I am in love with the big, chunky orange yarn I am using to make my first hat. It's awesome. Going along great, until...I tried to transfer from the circular needles to the double pointed straight ones. I guess you need to have all the yarn transfer and you shouldn't drop stitches because that will result in large holes. Crapdammit! I had an implosion last night and had to rip out an inch or so of the hat. I had thought I was going to have to rip the whole thing apart, but I got it down to where everything was even and then slowly and oh so carefully rethreaded the stitches back onto the circular needles...

I am at work, just having been at the coffee shop reknitting what I'd lost. I've started the transfer to the straight needles and am all kinds of nervous. I am a bit confused as to how it will all work out in the end, because as I reduce the number of stitches it gets even harder and harder to knit. Jen, any suggestions? I'm hoping my knit guru/friend will be popping in today as she thought she might. I can show her (barring any unforeseen customers) and she can in turn show me. :)

I wish I had a picture to share, but will when it's done. It's been going really well (aside from the whole implosion last night) and I figure by tonight, I'll have a wearable hat!!

Oh, and my knit guru/friend and I are starting our own Knitting Nooners group. First Sunday of the month, traveling between houses (so anyone who joins can offer up their house for the next month, etc). The first one, which is next month, will be at Jenn's house. March, mine. I am pretty excited about it. We'll be getting together around 2:30 so that I can take Kev to work and use the car (and this way it doesn't take away any time from our mornings together).

WooT!

1 comment:

bronxbt said...

OMG I can't decide!
I want a hat!
No... I want soup....
NO... I want PIE!!!!


Damnit!
can I puhleeeeeze have them all!?

:)